HOW TO GET HERE
During the summer, the island is connected daily by boats to Piraeus and to the islands of Milos route (Serifos, Kimolos, Milos).
The duration of the trip by conventional ferries is five hours and by high-speed ferries is about three hours. The island is also connected by boat to many islands of the Cyclades: Paros, Naxos, Mykonos, Tinos, Andros, Syros, Folegandros, Santorini etc.
During the rest of the year, the frequency of the sea transportation is formed according to the season. Visitors are advised to check with the relevant port authorities or agencies before traveling to and from the island.
|SIFNOS PORT AUTHORITY
|PIRAEUS PORT AUTHORITY
- For online ticket reservations and for information on the ferry schedules, please visit the Web page: OpenSeas.
- The closest airports for domestic flights are those of Milos and Paros. And for international flights are those of Santorini and Myconos.
- For emergencies, there is an organized heliport near the monastery of the Virgin Mary of Vrissiani (Panagia tis Vrissianis) in Exabela.
- All flights to and from Athens arrive to and depart from Athens International Airport ELEFTHERIOS VENIZELOS.
- For more information on the flight schedules, please contact your travel agency or visit the Web page http://www.aia.gr/traveler/
- For your transportation from Athens International Airport ELEFTHERIOS VENIZELOS to the port of Piraeus, please visit the Web site of ΟΑSΑ (Athens Urban Transport Organization).